Kerala Technological university KTU First year B.tech Syllabus for EC110 Electronics Engineering Workshop is given By
Course No. : EC110
Course Name: Electronics Engineering Workshop
L-T-P-Credits: 0-0-2-1Year of Introduction: 2015
Course Objectives,Syllabus:This course gives the basic introduction of electronic hardware systems and provides hands-on training with familiarization, identification, testing, assembling, dismantling, fabrication and repairing such systems by making use of the various tools and instruments available in the Electronics Workshop.
List Of Exercises / Experiments (Minimum Of 8 Mandatory)
- Familiarization/Identification of electronic components with specification (Functionality, type, size, colour coding, package, symbol, cost etc. [Active, Passive, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Wires, Cables, Connectors, Fuses, Switches, Relays, Crystals, Displays, Fasteners, Heat sink etc.)
- Drawing of electronic circuit diagrams using BIS/IEEE symbols and introduction to EDA tools, Interpret data sheets of discrete components and IC’s, Estimation and costing.
- Familiarization/Application of testing instruments and commonly used tools. [Multimeter, Function generator, Power supply, CRO etc.] [Soldering iron, De-soldering pump, Pliers, Cutters, Wire strippers, Screw drivers, Tweezers, Crimping tool, Hot air soldering and de- soldering station etc.]
- Testing of electronic components [Resistor, Capacitor, Diode, Transistor, UJT and JFET using multimeter.]
- Inter-connection methods and soldering practice. [Bread board, Wrapping, Crimping, Soldering - types - selection of materials and safety precautions, soldering practice in connectors and general purpose PCB, Crimping.]
- Printed circuit boards (PCB) [Types, Single sided, Double sided, PTH, Processing methods, Design and fabrication of a single sided PCB for a simple circuit with manual etching (Ferric chloride) and drilling.]
- Assembling of electronic circuit/system on general purpose PCB, test and show the functioning(Any Four circuits)
- Fixed voltage power supply with transformer, rectifier diode, capacitor filter, zener/IC regulator.
- LED blinking circuit using a stable multi-vibrator with transistor BC 107.
- Square wave generation using IC 555 timer in IC base.
- Sine wave generation using IC 741 OP-AMP in IC base.
- RC coupled amplifier with transistor BC 107. 6. AND and NAND gates in diode transistor logic.
- Familiarization of electronic systems ( Any three systems)
- Setting up of a PA system with different microphones, loud speakers, mixer etc.
- Assembling and dismantling of desktop computer/laptop/mobile phones.
- Coil/Transformer winding.
- Identify the subsystems of TV, DTH, CCTV, Cable TV, CRO, Function generator etc.
- Screen printing and PCB pattern transfer
- Soldering & de-soldering of SMD using hot air soldering station.
- Introduction to robotics- Familiarization of components (motor, sensors, battery etc.) used in robotics and assembling of simple robotic configurations.
- Student can identify the active and passive electronic components. Student gets hands-on assembling, testing, assembling, dismantling, fabrication and repairing systems by making use of the various tools and instruments available in the Electronics Workshop.
Hence the syllabus for ec110 electronics engineering workshop for kerala technical university