Kerala Technological university KTU First year B.tech Syllabus for EE110 Electrical Engineering Workshop is given By
Course No. : EE110
Course Name: Electrical Engineering Workshop
L-T-P-Credits: 0-0-2-1Year of Introduction: 2015
Course Objectives,Syllabus:The objective of this course is to set a firm and solid foundation in Electrical Engineering with strong analytical skills and conceptual understanding of basic laws and analysis methods in electrical and magnetic circuits.
List Of Exercises / Experiments (Minimum Of 8 Mandatory)
- Identify different types of cables/wires and switches and their uses.
- Identify different types of fuses & fuse carriers, MCB and ELCB, MCCB with ratings and usage.
- Wiring of simple light circuit for controlling light/fan point (PVC conduit wiring).
- Wiring of light/fan circuit using Two way switches (Staircase wiring)
- Wiring of fluorescent lamps and light sockets (6 A)
- Wiring of Power circuit for controlling power device (16A socket)
- Godown wiring / Tunnel wiring
- Wiring of power distribution arrangement using single phase MCB distribution board with ELCB, Main switch and Energy meter.
- Measurement of voltage, current, resistance, inductance, and capacitance in a given RLC circuit using LCR meter and Multimeter.
- Measurement of voltage, current and power in single phase circuit using voltmeter, ammeter and wattmeter. Calculate the power factor of the circuit.
- Wiring of backup power supply including inverter, battery and load.
- Demonstration of electric iron, mixer grinder, single phase pump, exhaust fan.
- Familiarity with supply arrangements and their limitations, knowledge of standard voltages and their tolerances, safety aspects of electrical systems and importance of protective measures in wiring systems.
- Knowledge about the types of wires, cables and other accessories used in wiring. Creating awareness of energy conservation in electrical systems.
- Students should be able to wire simple lighting circuits for domestic buildings, distinguish between light and power circuits.
- To measure electrical circuit parameters and current, voltage and power in a circuit. Familiarity with backup power supply in domestic installation.
Hence the syllabus for ee110 electrical engineering workshop for kerala technical university