Kerala Technological university KTU First year B.tech Syllabus for CS110 Computer Science Workshop is given By
Course No. : CS110
Course Name: Computer Science Workshop
L-T-P-Credits: 0-0-2-1Year of Introduction: 2015
- To familiarize students with basic hardware and software tools
- To implement algorithms studied in the course Introduction to Computing & Problem Solving.
- To learn the implementation of control structures, Iterations and recursive functions, Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries.
- To implement operations of files.
- To implement a small micro project using Python
List Of Exercises / Experiments (Minimum Of 8 Mandatory)
- Decision making, branching and looping
- Variables , Expressions &Conditional statements
- Iteration statements (While , For etc)
- Function & Function calls
- Function calls, Math functions
- Parameters and arguments
- Adding new functions, Recursion.
- String traversal
- String searching, Comparison
- Other important String methods.
- Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries
- Traversing List, List Operations
- Creation of Dictionary and Operations
- Lists and Tuples
- Files and Operations
- Files - defining, opening/closing, operations.
- Micro Project: Students are expected to do a micro project by using Python, preferably related to the Web
- Students are able to identify common hardware components and their purpose
- Students gain sufficient awareness about latest software tools.
- Students are able to develop programs in Python for common problems of reasonable complexity.
Hence the syllabus for cs110 computer science workshop for kerala technical university